Wednesday 31 December 2008

Mumbling Metaphores and Genuine Gratitude [End - 2008]

I’m sat in the same place as I was this time last year, but everything has completely changed since then. January marked an official start of what I wanted to become, I had a vision, and although ideas and views change, that vision has never altered. It’s nearly impossible to sum up a year which has been just so eventful.

Personally, 2008 has proved to challenge me and every single person who I regard as family. There’s been times when you think I’ve let you down, and times when I have. I hope – that when you look back – I’ve made those close to me – proud. Through all the business jargon, that’s all I’ve ever pursued.

I regard everyones strength and optimism through this difficult year as an inspiration, those who can overcome, hide, diffuse (or whatever it is they do) have become the strongest people I think I’ll ever meet.

It seems we’ve drove through 2008, blindfolded, and arrived at a pit stop safely with nothing but a few scratches. Atleast for the next part of this road – we have a friggin’ Sat Nav.

Dani, you’ve become my world and everything that’s in it. Together we’ve somehow forged a wall and started to build things inside it. Our future won’t be spent driving blindfolded – this is a mere construction site, and very soon, we’ll build our little fortress from nothing but determination…and blood…and sweat…and tears, actually – we’ve giving it everything we’ve got.

“I Love You” isn’t the start of it.

With work, there’s been times when I’ve doubted myself, and enivitbly numerous occasions when people have doubted me, I’ve learnt to develop a determination that goes beyond obsession, accepting that most of the time, I am – infact, wrong.

This is not an obsession with photography, and certainly not a determination for media success, it’s simply the fact that I am literally 70% focused on where I see myself being (the other 30% is spent sleeping or drinking coffee).

I can’t begin to look at 2009, because it’s immediately going to throw us in the deep end. You won’t hear a lot from us during the first half of the year, we’re hoping to get our first place sorted by February/March and obviously we’re getting married in June, so, personally, it’s a massive year. From a business perspective – it’s equally as busy , there’s a lot going on from day one, right through the year, the scary thing is – it’s already planned out.

Over the last year, I’ve met some amazing people. I want to take the chance to say a “thank you” to everyone we’ve worked with and to the (over) 200 people we’ve photographed since starting as a business exactly a year today. I also want to say thank you to everyone who works with us on a regular basis. I’ve discovered a nutter, her name is Emily-Jane. I want to thank her for all her support over the last year, working with you has been a total pleasure.

I personally want to thank everyone for giving us a chance, thanks for your trust, your friendship and for even taking the time to read this. I’ll never stop being grateful for everyone who has supported us in building our future.

“Thank You” is a massive understatement.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment