Thursday 18 December 2008

Creative Shoot with SJ

For me, the winter is a quiet time and I always enjoy every minute of it after months of "shoot after shoot after shoot". This year, I decided to use this time abit more creatively and set up a shoot with one of my favourite models and obviously, Emily-Jane.

The day was always going to be abit hectic, we had a model coming from Derbyshire and our make up artist coming from around Leicester, which causes enough problems with logistics etc. Once Emily arrived at the studio, Emily stopped to grab a few munchies (too many to list here haha) and we set off to collect SJ from t'station in Birmingham.

First thing that made me giggle (to myself) was everyones accents. Even though Derbyshire or Leicester arn't too far north of Birmingham, I couldn't believe the difference in accents.

We arrived at the studio and began the mammoth task of figuring out what order to shoot everything in. We started with a few beauty shots of SJ. I love shooting in a beauty headshot style, I think it's amazing how removing somebodies make up and keeping hair out of shot can have such an impact, I suppose it shows a person at their purest physical state, which can only be a good thing in a portrait.
But what would be the point in having Emily around if we wern't doing any make up? Well, other than her constant supply of snacks, hilarious random statements about nothing and her posing direction skillz...not much. So I gave permission for Emily to go mad.

And she did! In all time best, creative style!


SJ did a fantastic job sitting still all day in our freeeezing studio whilst we ran round throwing things on her, whilst her partner somehow endured the mind numbingly boring task of... watching. Well done, both of you!
Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone involved in the shoot. I'm choosing which prints to order for our new studio as we speak! Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment