Monday 20 October 2008

Someone said to me....

The other day, someone said "Chris-you've done really well for yourself - your so lucky!" Which is possibly the funniest compliment I've ever heard. Luck isn't waking up every cold winter morning and working from 5am till 9pm. I'm not taking it seriously, but hey, next time say something nice lol.

Moving on, I'm shooting Guillemots next month! For those who don't know, I'm a massive fan of their music and it's been very frustrating seeing them three times in the last year or so and not taking one photograph. So when I got the thumbs up from the publication I work with - I was well chuffed. I come back from my break on November 7th and shoot Guillemots on the evening. That's not a complaint - more of an extended Holiday.

This weekend saw Avay and Allbright infront of my lens. The Allbright lads came down and got a few promo shots for their upcoming album and promo material for tours with Army of Freshmen and Weatus. I introduced them to my local Chip Shop, Dan somehow seemed to think that Dudleys chips were better, but he's wrong.

Avay was our shoot on Sunday. The whole shoot was abit last minute but she came along with some great stuff and totally knew what she was doing infront of camera, which made my job alot more enjoyable for a Sunday shoot. We started in the studio and progressed onto two outdoor locations which was where I learnt an important thing about myself.

I love Autumn.

As a kid - I really couldn't care less that the leaves were turning red (I remember getting in trouble at school for throwing red leaves at the other kids and pretending they were fireballs...or something?) Anywho - whilst looking through the viewfinder, I see all these funky colours in the background, which just set off the whole photograph. I'm thinking of taking a little journey up there on my own tomorrow to get some nice autumn photographs.

I'll leave you with an example of how I like to work when I'm on a shoot. Most photographers choose step ladders or specially adapted tripods to get ariel high angled shots. I choose tree climbing. Once climbed, I could not get down and was forced to preform an unmanly collapse from the tree whilst pretending I hadn't crushed my ankle on impact. I haven't been feeling too well recently either - I'm not going to go on about it though, I've been accused of man flu far too many times to mention anything again. right, I'm off to a wedding consultation with Vicky and groom to be and then a busy day shooting The Hoosiers tomorrow, if you're going - Come say Hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment