Saturday 18 October 2008

Big Bad Blog

So it's been a bloomin long time since I last update me blog.
Everythings changing here at Chris Barber Media HQ, a total new direction to our work in order to seperate us from competition and expand our services.
For starters, me and my beautiful lady are getting our first house together at the start of next year. Which means it'll probably actually happen around mid-2009. Alot of our time and finances are being thrown at that at the moment, which has sadly meant less shoots. But the shoots we have done have been very much focused and it's been nice to offer a more individual approach to each shoot. With the previous 10 shoots a week, everything became abit "run of the mill" - which isn't my idea of a good time.
So I'll update you from way back to last month which saw Jennifer and Steves wedding. This great couple were treated to some fantastic weather throughout the whole day and made me and Dani feel more than welcome so a massive "Thank You" to you both and your families. We're sending their photos (hopefully) by this weekend, I hope you like them guys!


Going back abit further, me and my family attended a massive family reunion with some people I haven't seen in around a decade and people my Dad hasn't ever met, which was great. I thought I'd upload a few nutty pictures from the night. I appear to be mid-head banging quite fiercly, I can assure you that this is just an average expression of mine. Photoshop it to your hearts content...


This last month has also welcomed our new make up artist - Sophie! We've only had two shoots together so far but the results from both Helens and Mandis shoots are fantastic! Helen came to the studio in a suit, she came straight from an interview in town. She left loooking like the photo below. Notice the expression similarity between the photo of me and Dani (above) and Helen's below...


This weekend also marks the end to the production of the calendar I've been working on for like the last 2 months. It's a bit of a weight off my shoulders if I'm honest, but the photos look good and I'm looking forward to seeing the final product on sale around the Midlands within the next few weeks. Photos from that should be coming soon!
Incase you haven't noticed, I shot "Last Shadow Puppets" last week in Wolverhampton, some of the best shots are online now. Thanks to everyone whos gave such a positive responce to the photos, I look forward to seeing you at more gigs in the future. Our next gig will probably be the Hoosiers (in Wolverhampton again) and then Goldfrapp - which I'm hugely honoured to be photographing, IF the passes get sorted. Big if.
Right then, I'm off to go and shoot those "Allbright" lads at the studio followed by a wedding consultation and an interview at a tanning salon in Birmingham tomorrow. More info on that soon, I'll do my best to keep this better updated from now on. For more frequent updates, follow me on Twitter. www.twitter.com/chrisbarbermedi

No comments:

Post a Comment